Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

In a Magic Kingdom...

This post is about

Red

Yes I know I already did red but this is very important.

My mom's work has this really big week long conference every year, and it is in a different place each time. One year it was in Hawaii another year it was in New Orleans, etc. If we can work it out my brother and I usually go with her wherever the conference is, kind of like a vacation for us. This year the conference is in Orlando, Florida. Not only is it in Orlando, but it is at a hotel that is actually inside Walt Disney World.

This hotel is called the Swan and the Dolphin.

Swan and Dolphin Hotel
Photo Courtesy of  AC Varsity

Wow cool right? We get to go there, awesome!

No, not we, my mom is not bringing me. In fact, she is there right now... Without me... and I am taking quarter finals and writing to you my readers.

So as you may know from my earlier post I went to the Tetons (Tons) two weeks ago. For that trip I missed a week of school. Last Thursday and Friday I missed school again for swimming obligations. Which brings me to this week.  This is the last week of the quarter and a stressful finals week.

So instead of being in Disney World (a.k.a. The Happiest Place on Earth), this week I am here doing homework and taking tests and fun stuff like that.

Okay, so not only is this awful, but it gets a lot worse.   She is now in Florida, not taking me, but guess who she is taking? If you guessed my brother you were correct.

My mother did not realize that we were a team.  I mean, if I can't go, he shouldn't either, right?
I am very jealous and sad that I didn't go with them. I understand my mom's reasons for not letting me go, but still it's Disney World!



Living in colors as I do, I looked up colors that had to do with jealousy and green was the first one that came up, but I have already done a lot of posts with the color green. I kept looking and the next thing that came up was red. Red represents jealousy but it also represents excitement. I realized then that I am jealous yes but that isn't all.



I am very, very jealous of my brother but I am also excited for him.

Fischer, my brother. 
I can remember the last time that I went to Disneyworld.  It was a surprise trip when I was about 9 or 10.  My brother, Fischer, doesn't really remember it, he was like 5 or 6.  Now he is just a little older than I was last time we went so he will have some memories too.

Also he is a roller coaster junkie and as a five year old wasn't tall enough to go on many of the rides which made him very sad.  Now he is actually tall enough to ride everything in the park, and he is totally excited.






Funny story actually, last time we went to Disney World there was this roller coaster that both my brother and I wanted to go on, it is called Expedition Everest.

Expedition Everest roller coaster
Photo Courtesy of Theme Park Guy
Fischer wasn't tall enough, even though he wore a large hat to try and fool the line worker.  Instead, he had to walk away with my dad went to go on a ride where you go through this dinosaur land. I however was tall enough (Did I tell you I am also quite the roller coaster junkie), so my mom and I waited for an hour and a half to get onto this ride. The line winds through a small museum and a little "village" supposedly in Nepal. Finally we got on the ride. On the very first downhill that we encountered my little nine year old self was flung against the side of the seat and the corner of my ear split open. I was screaming and crying the entire ride and my mom was trying to figure out how to get it to stop bleeding, it was pretty rough. 

Another thing that I remember from that trip was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let's be clear that when I was that age it was my favorite movie. Even so my brother and I went on this ride an unreasonable amount of times. I think we probably did it 16 or 17 times in a row.
Entrance to the Pirates ride
Photo Courtesy of BP
I have several other memories including Space Mountain, the Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain (which was my favorite), and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Now my brother is doing all that stuff without me and I am quite jealous. My red jealous self realizes that my mom is spending her days working in the hotel, but he is obviously getting the best of his time at Disneyworld.  Also he gets to meet all of the characters.

I hope you understand, really understand, that I am a huge Disney junkie and so this is like missing heaven for me.

I know I asked for it, but here are some pictures he sent me with the caption, "Miss you" , Grrrr!



Yeah "miss you" too 😒
(also I am cooler than you because I figured out how to put emojis on my blog)

Alright that is enough of my rant. Luckily we are going to the beach over spring break so maybe I will put sand in his smoothie or something.

Jealousy is not really in my nature and I am trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation.  I keep asking for pictures and talk to my brother every night.  I even say "I love you" to he and my mom.







No comments:

Post a Comment