Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Adieu (which is a fancy way to say farewell)

Farewell is a fancy way to say good-bye

Storm Grey

As many of you know this blog is a school project. The 2014-2015 school year is coming to an end very soon. At the end of this week on Sunday May 10th at 11:59 PM our blog project is over.
Blue and Grey
Photo Courtesy AlphaCoders

Storm grey is a mix between blue and grey. I specifically chose this color for my last post because my feelings are also a little mixed.  Grey is a kind of sad color. I am sad that this project is going to be over because I really enjoy writing this blog. Blue is my favorite color and it is kind of a summery color and I am really excited for summer and school to be over.

For this final blogpost I have to answer a specific question...

How have I changed this year? 

Looking back on the year I am amazed with how much I have grown as a person and a writer.

Today I was reading my very first post of the year, Thinking In Pink, and I found myself cringing with each sentence that I read. Even though I linked it, PLEASE, whatever you do, do not go read that post. I will die with embarrassment at my awful writing skills.

My second post, A Color For all Seasons,  was a lot longer, with more pictures and an improvement over my first one, but it still didn't really sound like me.  By the end of first quarter with my fourth post, The Nature of Brown, my grammar dramatically improved, though my writing remained factual more than being entertaining. I still hadn't realized that blogging was less about writing and more about self-expression.

My very first post of second quarter, Once in a Blue Pool, is probably my best post to date. It is a more serious post but I really put a lot of myself into it. Blue it turns out, represents a lot about me. I suggest that you read it because I am really proud of it.  Something clicked, and since then I have really worked at making my posts more personal, which actually made them better. I began to tell stories about colors and how they relate to things that were happening to me.

This year has been all about change, and blogging isn't the only new thing I have learned...

I now know how to be a high school student.  This was my first year in public school since fifth grade so the first couple of weeks of school were pretty nerve wracking. I was going into high school for the first time and I had no idea what to expect. It turns out though that high school is like anything else,  once you know what is expected of you, it's not too bad.

I was also worried that I wouldn't be able to make new friends. This year I have become more outgoing, so much that my long-time friends think I'm becoming sassy. I have learned so much and made so many new friends and even reconnected with old ones. The best part of living in a small town is that you can make friends with someone you played with in preschool!  I really think that if I were to see myself from before this school year started, I would hardly recognize her, but I think I like the new me.

Sometimes endings can be a little stormy.  However, I think I will share a couple of my favorite pictures and memories from this year with you guys as a fond farewell.



Sunrises and Sand in Death Valley
Photos Courtesy of Me
From my post Sands and Sunrises

From the same trip I bring you whale watching!




I love this picture it makes me laugh. It is from when my brother went to Disney World without me (you can read more about it here).


Ok here are a couple more pictures I want to show you guys (notice most are blue too!)

As some of you know my birthday was over spring break and I went to the Bahamas (read more about it here). I mean what can get better than that?





Well I am really sad to say it but this is the end of the very last post that I will post on this blog. Thank you readers for sharing this fun (and colorful) journey with me.
So without further ado I say adieu (or farewell or goodbye, whatever floats your boat).


-Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment